It’s always fun to come up with different ways to display beloved photos. This one of my girls’ first Christmas is displayed in my new Wood Sled Photo Display. Here’s how I made it!
Wood Sled Photo Display
*This post contains affiliate links. Additionally, I received free products and compensation as part of being a Xyron Design Team member.
- Wood sled (I found mine at the thrift store, but these are similar)
- Tim Holtz Core’Dinations Nostalgic Collection Cut & Emboss ColorCore Cardstock 2 1/4×12 inch
- Tim Holtz Striped Paper String
- Tim Holtz Hinge Clips
- Tim Holtz Ephemera Pack
- Time Holtz Pine Twine
- Xyron Creative Station Lite with 5-inch Permanent Adhesive Refill
- Chalk-based or craft paint
- Letter stamps and ink
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Pinking shears and regular scissors
- Hole punch
- Pine cone
I started out with my wood sled and painted it white.
I cut strips of cardstock with pinking shears and ran them through my Xyron Creative Station Lite.
Then I adhered them to the seat of the sled, and hot glued a clip to the middle, to hold my photo.
On the clip, I hot glued a bird cut out from my ephemera pack, and tied a bow with some paper twine, which I also hot glued to the clip.
To the top of the sled, I twisted on some faux wired twine, plus I hung a pine cone to it as well.
And finally, I made a quick “joy” banner with some letter stamps, paper scraps (adhered with my Xyron as well), hole punch, and more twine.
You can hang it on the wall, or perch it on a table or mantle.
And follow Xyron on Facebook to see more ideas using Tim Holtz products from my fellow Xyron Team Members!